#Carbonhacks No.3 – Reducing your CO2 emissions is crucial – but if you don’t measure it, you can’t manage it.
The process: Measure. Calculate. Act. Reduce. Offset. Repeat
Here’s what’s involved:
- Calculate your individual and business’s carbon emissions
- Identify the scale of your emissions
- Make carbon reductions
- Reduce waste
- Re-consider business operations
- Engage with your entire supply chain
- Consider quality carbon offsetting
- Assess your equipment, and consider repair and recondition before buying new.
- Source hardware from a Sustainable IT / Green IT supplier eg. circularcomputing.com
- Going forward, treat emissions as a budget with limits
- Communicate your plan of action
There is plenty of information, pledges, grants and funding available for SME businesses to help start the process. Locally, we have been helped by 25:25 pledge from Suffolk County Council carboncharter.org