#Carbonhack No.1 – No, thank you!
In 2022, 333.2 billion e-mails were sent worldwide, it is expected to top 376 billion by 2025.
Follow these simple steps and encourage good email habits to reduce your carbon footprint:
- 💯Reduce one-word reply emails, like Thanks!
- Delete and unsubscribe from emails you don’t have enough time to read or are no longer interested in.
- Attach fewer files, and try to attach smaller files.
- Only include your email signature in new emails, not in replies.
- Link to files in the cloud, rather than attaching files to emails.
- Stop forwarding on long email chains, and delete what is not relevant.
- Switch off email notifications in apps like Facebook.
- Don’t cc lots of people who don’t need to read the email.
- Proofread emails to reduce the need for sending corrections and missing info
- Delete old email accounts that you no longer use.