IKON’s new brand identity was launched at the end of 2019 and is currently being rolled out across the business. The website launched in March 2020.
Strong deep tones with vibrant positive colours to enable contrast and highlight. A versatile palette full of personality which works on a primary, secondary and tertiary level.
This identity works with the overarching idea of positivity, confidence and empowerment.
- It is bold in appearance and understated to allow for greater diversity in it’s application
- The diagonal through the i gives the type treatment individuality
- The branding sits within a circle which acts like a seal of approval – as well as suggesting a “full stop’
- What’s inside a circle is “protected” from the outside, suggesting partnership, friendship and unity
- We used the circle theme to work across the whole identity, infographics, icons, illustrations, photography frames and uniform badges
We worked alongside IKON’s in-house designer Le-Anne Burman to offer creative direction and design support throughout the rebranding and design phase.
A geometric sans-serif typeface mixed with a loose handwriting style to contrast with the uniformed typographic style gave IKON their voice.
TONE OF VOICE
Brand identity works in three ways; the way we look, the way we sound and the way we behave. As well as visual identity, which includes logos, colours and typography, IKON’s verbal identity is a crucial part of who they are and how they connect with people.
We worked with two copywriters on this project. Jon Cox worked with us to define the tone of voice and brand guidelines. Belinda Moore worked with us on the website and marketing collateral copy and strategy. As a small agency we bring in experts when and where we need them to provide expertise and experience.
IKON training are experts in the design and delivery of communication skills-based training. Their mission is to help their clients deal effectively with challenging behaviour in the workplace. To do this successfully the tone-of-voice needed to feel specific to IKON and display confidence and expertise to individual sectors. We helped them move towards a positive and pro-active tone which spoke to individuals in a straight-forward and empowering way.